Feeling fidgety after too many days of being stuck inside? If the weather outside is frightful, try these indoor engine-revvers:
1. ROCK CLIMB. You can rent the gear, get a lesson, and start climbing all in the same hour at indoor rock gyms. Start with bouldering, then get your belay on with some buddies.
2. RACQUETBALL. Grab your lab goggles, sweatbands, and friends for a tournament of absurdity indoors. Best bet: Play without rules. Just smack and chase that ball. Guaranteed calorie-burning fun.
3. JUST DANCE. The Wii version. We know one of your friends owns this, so get the party started with a dance-off. Request a cell-filming ban so folks will really let loose without the fear of YouTube retribution.
4. BOUNCE HOUSE. See if local bounce houses have an adults only time slot. If so, request some House of Pain from the DJ and “Jump Around.”
5. LOCAL THEATER. Support your local actors and actresses by attending a winter production. Besides, who doesn’t need a little drama from time to time, right?
6. COOKING CLASS. Skip the Food Network-style classes and get some real skills. Strip your suburban squeamishness and take a butchering class. Or, for vegans, a vegetable fermenting class.
7. INDOOR POOL. Book a net for some water volleyball with buddies. Then breathe in that potent chlorine scent, snap on your swim cap, and spike that ball to the solar plexus (a.k.a. abs).
8. DISCO BOWL. Grab your medallions and fake mustaches then Electric Slide to your local bowling alley for retro fun. It’s dyn-o-mite!
9. LASER TAG. It’s like a real, live video game but without blood or agitated birds. Also, beware the strategists – people who play often and know where to trap you. Better yet: Make friends with them.
10. PLANETARIUM. It’s way too cold to sit outside at night, so head to the planetarium to relax and see the stars … and the cheesy laser show.
Becca Cipriani is an editor of adult short-term Bible studies at Lifeway. Among this list, she’s quite the pro at Just Dance, though her laser tag skills run a very close second place.