Relax. Breathe. You’re almost there.
Spring Break is just around the corner. No classes, homework, or pulling all-nighters. But what will you do with your extra time? Here are a few ideas with purpose:
- Prepare. Let’s be honest. Once you’re back home, you’ll put off studying until the last second, which equals stress. So, if you’ve got midterms after the break, try to study for them before you go away.
- Invest. Spend quality time with close friends and family from home. If you’re not going home, mission trips or community projects are always a great way to spend your break. Check out BeachReach or Habitat for Humanity.
- Explore. Have some fun! Karaoke, painting, mini golf, paintball. Go do it it. You need to unwind. Whether or not you believe it, you deserve a break. So make the most of it.
- Be still. Sit down with God, and tell Him how you’re doing. How is this year panning out? Is it what you expected? You might be surprised at how great it feels to exchange your burdens for His peace.
- Reflect. Look back at all the incredible memories you’ve made this year. Thank God and ask Him for the opportunity to create even more memories. If it hasn’t been a great year, ask Him to open your eyes to the blessings that surround you.
ALYSON MCHARGUE is a freelance writer and aspiring film producer/writer residing in Los Angeles. She’s graduate of Belmont University, where she majored in writing.